Robyn Cowper is a Certified Clinical Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
Certified Clinical Counsellor
Robyn and her family recently relocated to the Okanagan from the Yukon where she has been counselling children, youth, adults, and families since 2010. She has her MA in counselling psychology from Yorkville University, as well as her BA in psychology and sexuality, marriage, and the family from the University of Waterloo.
Robyn has a natural gift of connecting with people of all ages, including youth and vulnerable populations. She has experience working with many different areas, across the lifespan including:
• complex trauma and abuse
• grief and loss
• comorbid mental health diagnoses
• unhealthy habits and coping
• relationship difficulties
• foster and adoptive parenting
• crisis management
• burnout and compassion fatigue
When it comes to counselling, she feels that one size does not fit all and that the therapeutic relationship is key. Her approach is evidence-based and client centered, meaning that she will get to know and work with each individual, couple, or family to develop a treatment plan that works for them and where they are at in the therapeutic process.
Some therapeutic modalities used are:
• Trauma-Informed Practice
• Motivational Interviewing
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
• Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
• Narrative and Play-Based Therapies
• Emotional Freedom Technique (aka. Tapping)
Robyn is a mom of two very busy teenage boys and two fur babies. When not at the rinks, or driving to and from, you will find her out exploring everything the Okanagan has to offer. Yukon born and raised, she loves camping, fishing, boating, swimming, and hiking. She can’t wait to experience longer summers
and warmer waters.
With a life full of action and activity, Robyn has been adopting new ways to balance and relax. For self-care, she practices mindfulness, meditation, dancing, and yoga. She has recently completed her Level 2 Reiki Certification. Sometimes the best place to be is in front of her fireplace, with a warm blanket, binging her favorite shows.